Posts tagged as:

Metaphor

With text messages, emails, wall posts and tweets, it’s easier to communicate than ever before. The easier it is to talk, the faster information will spread. As you may know, word of mouth (WOM) advertising is the most effective form of consumer persuasion. Positive WOM is great, but nothing spreads faster than negative WOM.

There are 5 ways to discourage negative word of mouth from spreading and spitting like wildfire.

[click to continue…]

{ Comments on this entry are closed }

Entrepreneurship is unique in that it encompasses and concentrates all areas of business into one entity, a stool in this case. Additionally, a business grows much like a person. Except, in most cases you want your business to grow fat.

That fat person resides on your entrepreneurial stool and it’s your responsibility to make sure it doesn’t collapse.

[click to continue…]

{ Comments on this entry are closed }

Contrary to popular belief, marketing is not synonymous with advertising. In fact, advertising and promotion only constitutes 25% of the marketing mix. So what makes up the other 75% of marketing?

Product, price and place. Coincidentally, they all start with the letter ‘P.’ As an example I will use a hippopotamus-selling company.

Here’s the scenario: You are the marketing manager of Hippos Direct, Inc., a company that raised and now wants to sell hippopotami (the seldom used plural of hippopotamus; hippopotamuses is also correct) to zoos around the world. It is your job to develop a marketing plan for how you should go about selling the hippopotami. The basis for your marketing plan is the marketing mix, also referred to as the “4 P’s of Marketing.”

[click to continue…]

{ Comments on this entry are closed }

  • Page 2 of 2
  • <
  • 1
  • 2