JuniorBiz wants you to have a safe, healthy and successful lemonade stand. Here are a few tips to help you to make that happen.
- ALWAYS have a parent or guardian with you while running your lemonade stand.
- Never leave your lemonade stand without your parent or guardian coming with you.
- Use paper and plastic cups and pitchers instead of glass.
- Set up your stand where there are lots of people.
- Have an adult help you slice the lemons.
- Check the weather before you go out so you do not get caught in a storm
- Always wash your hands with hot, soapy water before preparing and handling food.
- If you have long hair, tie it back so it does not dip in the lemonade when you are serving a customer.
- Cover the lemonade with a paper towel between servings to keep dirt and bugs out.
- Use a ladle or tongs instead of your fingers to serve the ice.
- Make sure your sign is in a place where people can see it and read it.
- Decorate your stand with bright colors to gain attention.
- Make and keep extra lemonade in a cooler under your lemonade stand in case you run out.
- Offer treats other than lemonade like brownies or cookies to boost your sales.
- Try making different types of lemonade so your customers have more to choose from.
- Price it right. If someone is hesitant to buy because it is too expensive, lower your price.
- If possible, have a big clear jar to hold your money so people can see that other people like your lemonade.
- Put a little bit of money and change in your money jar when you first set up so you can make change and also to attract customers.
- Have plenty of extra ice in a cooler, because lemonade is only good when it is cold.
- Clean up your area at the end of the day.
- Put a garbage can next to your stand so your customers have somewhere to put their empty cups.
- Always be polite and cheerful.
What Happens after Selling Lemonade?
Ben’s lemonade became famous and now he’s super successful with something else:
Ben Weissenstein Interview: Major League Young Entrepreneur >>
Photo by: ninafrazier