Lemonade stands, lawn mowing services, and babysitting services are not the only options for young entrepreneurs. An entrepreneur is someone who starts a business. There are plenty of other things young people can do to make money. We have compiled a list of several JuniorBiz ideas below.
If you want even more business ideas, check out 100+ Teen Money Making Ideas for Young Entrepreneurs.
- Fresh produce stand. A fresh produce stand would be a good idea if you have a garden. You could plant all your fruits and vegetables in the spring or summer (depending on what you are planting) and then sell them in the summer and fall.
- Dog clean-up service. A dog clean-up service is a good business idea if you live in a neighborhood that has a lot of dogs. Dog owners dread picking up the dog poop, but if you can tolerate it, there is a lot of money to be made.
- Pet sitting service. A pet sitting service is also a good idea in a neighborhood with a lot of animals. People have pets and are always going on vacation. So they need someone they can trust to take care of their pets. Also, pet kennels are expensive, so people are going to be willing to pay a lot for you to take care of their pets at home.
- Snow removal service. A snow removal service is a great business idea if you live in a place where it snows a lot. People cannot leave their homes if there is too much snow in their driveways. Thus, they will pay a great deal for you to remove it. You should know that this business works best if you can start working early in the morning.
- Yard maintenance service. A yard maintenance service is a good business to combine with your lawn mowing business. There is a lot more work to be done in yards other than mowing. You could plant flowers, trim hedges, pull weeds and rake leaves.
- House cleaning service. A house cleaning service may seem like something you would not enjoy doing, but household chores become a lot easier when you are getting paid to do them. You could specialize in one type of cleaning, (i.e. vacuuming, dusting, laundry, dishes), or you could offer all types of cleaning.
- Car cleaning service. A car cleaning service is a good idea because people are often busy and do not have time to take care of their cars. With this business, you could offer it on a weekly or monthly basis so you would maintain a steady income.
- Computer tutor/repair service. A computer-based service is a great idea if you know a lot about computers. There are plenty of people out there who do not know anything about computers, especially now that technology is getting more complicated every day.
- Catering service. A catering service is a fun idea if you enjoy cooking food and trying new recipes. If you can prove that you know your way around a kitchen, there are plenty of busy people who would love to have you make dinner for them.
- Painting service. A painting service is usually successful because people dread painting. It is a lot of hard work, but the more difficult the task, the more people will pay you to do it. However, do not offer a painting service without plenty of painting experience.
- Errand/Delivery service. An errand/delivery service is a good idea especially if you live in a big city where there is public transportation. Although, this service does carry some risks. Particularly if you are a young kid who is traveling around a big city by yourself.
- Educational tutoring service. An educational tutoring service can be a good business if you have expertise in a specific subject. You could offer a service that tutors kids, teens or even older adults. Some examples of subjects you could tutor are math, science, a foreign language or a musical instrument.
- Freelancing service. A freelancing service would be a good business if you are truly gifted in something that people want or need. Such as writing, drawing, photography or other form of art. If you know that you can produce something that people or businesses will buy, then a freelancing service is the way to go. Just make sure your hourly freelance rate is more than $80.
- General maintenance service. A general maintenance service is a good idea if you are not sure exactly what services people need. Even if you already have a lawn mowing service, you should promote yourself as a general laborer too. This way you will get more potential customers contacting you. If you can mow a lawn, then you can probably move boxes and plant trees.
These are all great business ideas. Some of them might suit you more than others, so choose wisely if you want to become a successful entrepreneur. Keep in mind that you can combine businesses too. The more services you offer, the more customers you will ultimately have!
Discover More Businesses You Could Start
Find out which are the easiest to start and which ones make the most money:
100+ Teen Money Making Ideas for Young Entrepreneurs >>
Photo by: Shavar